Low Fat Digest Issue 53 - Low Fat Pasta with Shrimps
The Low Fat Digest
Friendly Healthy Eating Information
11th of October 2010
Table of Contents
2. Low Fat Pasta with Shrimps
3. 7 Omega Fish Oil Benefits
Do you love pasta? I could eat pasta every day !
But unfortunately the usual pasta recipes with cheese and cream are quite high in fat.
Here's one that's not only low fat, but has also a high Omega-3 fish oil amount, due to the seafood it contains.
Healthy and yummy!
2. Low Fat Pasta with Shrimps
- 8 ounces shrimp (fresh or frozen, peeled)
- 26 oz jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to instructions on package "al dente".
Place all shrimps, pasta sauce, peas and carrots into pot and slowly heat. Stir for 3-5 minutes just below boiling point.
If you don't like your carrots "hard", cook them in boiling water 5-10 minutes before adding to the pasta sauce.
Serve hot with Parmesan on top.
This dish goes great with a large tossed salad.
Makes 4 servings
- 322 Calories
- 2.5g fat
- 0.5g saturated fat
- 87 mg cholesterol
- 428 mg sodium
- 53 g
- 7 g fiber
- 22 g protein
*** Advertisement ***
"The Ultimate Guide to Your
Successful Cabbage Soup Diet 2.0"
A Precise & Foolpoof Plan
For Fast, Healthy Weight Loss with the popular
Cabbage Soup Diet.
Tihs ebook will show you how to jumpstart your weight loss and keep the pounds off for good!
3. 7 Fish Oil Benefits Proven by Research
By Michael Byrd
Research studies show fish oil benefits are down right amazing.
And knowing this is the second most important thing you can do for your health. (We'll get to #1 in importance soon.)
Studies are published almost daily as the scientific community discovers more and more of the many extraordinary omega 3 fish oil benefits.
If you haven't already been swept up in the net yet, here are 7 proven omega 3 benefits you should know about.
1. Less Pain and Inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have a very positive effect on your inflammatory response. Through several mechanisms, they regulate your body's inflammation cycle, which prevents and relieves painful conditions like arthritis, prostatitis, cystitis and anything else ending in "itis."
2. Cardiovascular Health. Omega 3 fatty acids have also been proven to work
wonders for your heart and the miles and miles of arteries and veins that make up your cardiovascular system. They help to lower cholesterol, tryglicerides, LDLs and blood pressure, while at the same time increasing good HDL cholesterol. This adds years to your life expectancy.
3. Protection from Stroke and Heart Attack. When plaque builds up on arterial walls and then breaks loose, it causes what's known as a thrombosis, which is a fancy way of saying clot. If a clot gets stuck in the brain, it causes a stroke and when it plugs an artery, it causes a heart attack. Research shows omega 3 fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage.
4. Better Brain Function and Higher Intelligence. Pregnant and nursing mothers can have a great impact on the intelligence and happiness of their babies by supplementing with fish oil. For adults, omega 3 improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. You'll swear you're getting younger and
5. Less Depression and Psychosis. Making you smarter is not all omega 3 does for your brain. Psychiatry department researchers at the University of Sheffield, along with many other research studies, found that omega 3 fish oil supplements "alleviate" the symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis (Journal of Affective Disorder Vol. 48(2-3);149-55).
6. Lower Incidence of Childhood Disorders. Just to show how fish oil fatty acids leave nobody out, studies show that children (and adults) with ADD and ADHD experience a greatly improved quality of life. And those with dyslexia, dyspraxia and compulsive disorders have gotten a new lease on life thanks to omega 3 oils.
7. Reduction of Breast, Colon and Prostate Cancer. And finally, omega 3 fish oil has been shown to help prevent three of the most common forms of cancer - breast, colon and prostate. Science tells us that omega 3s accomplish this in three ways. They stop the
alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, inhibiting unwanted cellular growth and causing apoptosis, or cellular death, of cancer cells.
So you can see why knowing these benefits is the second most important thing you can do for your health. Can you guess what number one is?
That's right! Now it's time to put your knowledge to work. Eat more cold water oily fish and start taking good quality pure omega 3 fish oil benefits regularly.
Copyright by Michael Byrd. All Rights Reserved.
Michael has nearly 20 years experience and education in nutrition and physical therapy. His pursuit of wellness has led him to understand the extraordinary healing power of natural whole foods and the many fish oil health benefits.
To look younger, feel better and stay healthy, visit Michael at the omega 3 web site and request your Free CD on the omega 3 industry secrets..
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? Articles you have written and want to be published? Recipes you're interested in?
Please tell us. We'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
Marion + Tobi