Following a Healthy Diet Plan is the foundation of good health. Adele Davis - a guru on vitamins and minerals - said "we are indeed much more than we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be more than what we are." Meaning that a healthy body and mind is built through healthy eating habits.
Butternut bake Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 Butternut
- 2 Potatoes
- Country mixed vegetables (fine cut)
- Choice of smoked meat 3 ? 4 medium sized pieces (smoked chicken recommended)
- 250g white mushrooms
- 2 Small or one big onion
- Low fat milk
- 1 Cup of ready mixed vegetable gravy or brown onion gravy (other if preferred)
- Half cook potatoes in microwave (+- 3 min on High)
- Cut butternut, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and meat into thin slices.
- Layer potatoes, then butternut (season properly)
- Layer onions, all the mixed veggies and mushrooms
- Layer all the meat evenly
- Layer more mushrooms, then onions, potatoes and butternut (season properly)
- Mix the gravy powder in a cup to preferred strength/thickness, then mix with the cream
- Pour the gravy and cream mixture over the dish and bake in the oven on 200Celcius until cooked (depends on size of dish) ? the sauce will be mostly absorbed.
- When done, cool down for five to ten minutes ? the sauce will become very thick or completely absorbed.
Serve and enjoy
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Favorite Recipe.