Baby octopus salad is not my partner's favorite low fat salad recipe.
That's strange, as she comes from a fisherman family. Maybe that's why she doesn't like it... she may have had too much of it all her growing years.
But I do enjoy baby octopus salad. I haven't had as much of it I suppose, and the kids like it too.
You be the judge. With only 7.5 weight watchers' points, you can't possibly lose!
1 Kilo of baby octopus
1 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
200 g mixed salad leaves
1 red pepper (capsicum), thinly sliced
2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
4 spring onions, chopped
100 g toasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
This is what you do:
1. Clean the octopus.
2. Marinade the octopus by mixing in a bowl the sesame oil, lime juice, fish sauce, and sweet chilli sauce, and add the octopus.
3. Cover the bowl in gladwrap, and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
4. Drain the octopus, and set the marinade aside for later.
5. Spray a nonstick pan with cannola oil, and add a tsp of crushed garlic.
6. Fry the octopus in bashes for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring every now and then.
7. Pour the marinade into the frying pan.
8. Arrange the salad leaves, capsicum and cucumber onto 4 separate serving plates. Then top them with the octopus, and pour the marinade over each plate.
9. Sprinkle with the spring onions.
Source: Modern Australia Food.