This salad recipe is one of my favorites for a quick, easy and low fat, yet filling meal that saves you lots of calories. Especially during summer time, the BLT salad can replace a complete lunch or dinner.
The BLT (Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) Salad is a classic low fat salad recipe that everybody should know how to prepare.
The ingredients are easy to find and, provided that you use a low fat salad dressing, you should be able to enjoy a good meal in no time!
1/2 head red leaf lettuce
1/2 head green leaf lettuce
1 red onion, cut into rings
2 tomatoes, diced
3 Tbsp low fat bacon bits
1 cup of low fat croutons
This is what you do:
1. After washing the lettuce, tear the leaves into small pieces (bite size), and put it in a salad bowl.
2. Spray canola oil onto a nonstick pan, and fry the bacon bits till crispy.
3. Add the tomatoes, onion, and crispy bacon bits to the salad bowl.
4. Pour 4 Tbsp of low fat mayonnaise and mix well.
5. Add the croutons and mix one more time.
Source: Low Fat, No Fat Cooking.